Sunday, December 28, 2008

The christmas haul and other tales

You may recognize this mitten from the book of yarn. Having a hearty love of snails (and bats) I wanted to make a pair for quite some time. The motivation came in the form of blistering minus forty weather and a lack of hand coverings. So i decided it's been a while since I've made something really intricate let alone something intricate for myself, so I cast on.
The welts at the bottom were a trial, I discovered I really dislike making welts, or tucks as the case may be. However they do look good and they serve a purpose so I am glad for that. Ideally I want to be done these before school starts again. I got lots of knitting time in on them on christmas eve, mom can attest to that fact.
They really are knitting up quicker than I thought they would.
I am useing two different patons kroy to make them, the stripy effect comes from patons kroy stripes in burnished sierra stripes, I have to take out the navy every time it comes around because i feel it's too close to the black but i really like how the other colors are working with the pattern.
I'm thinking about calling these my halloween snails.
I'm almost done the mitt in this picture I'm on the thumb now so I'm sure there will be more pictures when it has been compleatly compleated.
This lovely skein my mom picked up at the Agribition. It's white fingering just waiting to be dyed. I am looking forward to dying it but I haven't figured out what colors I'm going to dye it with yet.
I have no idea what the yardage is but I'm anticipating something like a scarf or maybe part of one? Really I have no idea yet I just look at it and smush it occasionally.

Ruby slippers mediumweight mom got me this from river city yarns. I love STR and this colorway is just so rock and roll. I haven't anyplans for it yet, except to stare at it and smush it with love occasionally.
I'm sure once class gets back in and my sock fetish comes out again this will be called up for something amazing. There's just so many patterns waiting to be made Oh my.

Chapman springs Mediumweight. HOT I love the color variations in this. Love.
Seriously. When my credit card is paid off I'm dropping a pretty penny on more STR. But you didn't hear that from me ;)

No comments:

I knit therfore I am