Saturday, August 11, 2007

variations on a theme


Since I've been on somewhat of a yarn diet (attempting where at all possible to knit from stash rather than from bought things) I've been finding patterns I love to knit moer than once, and clearly EZ's baby suprize jacket is one of them. So I took some yarn I spun and plied (the green with thread and the brown is my first two ply experiance) and made yet another surpize jacket. The good thing about this is should anyone have a baby in my vicinity I shall be ready.

Then I had some left over butterfly super 10 from makeing a Henry Rollins doll and because well white/creme/offwhite etc and I don't get along even slightly I died it a kind of poppy red and pink (or what was left of it). I do fully intent to knit this up with black accents into more than likely a babyjacket. That and the fact that there's another baby coming into the family I really want to have some nice stuff to choose from to give to her.

Lana is starting her very own clapotis which will be more than cool when it's done. She's just finished blocking Magknits Durrow, which she intends to give to her man Adam for his birthday. It looks great (and helped me de-stash at the same time). Yay!
Anywho I should go clean the house and possibly start knitting something else. Or not start knitting something else and finish the siewash. The only thing is knitting with icelandic wool in the heat seems obscene and I need mentally easy things to tackle until I'm done babysitting Joesphine.

No comments:

I knit therfore I am