Friday, September 18, 2009

I'm getting better at this posting thing

now to get the pictures back.

I'm onto the edging of the Aesthlight Shawl (not that I have learned to spell it yet). This is the first time I've done an edging like this, I feel all learned and such. It is going to be very pretty and bright when it's done.
The turtle tank also seems to be getting more attention, I'm almost done hex 5 of seven. I had such lofty hopes of it being done in time to wear as a tank top this season, but I guess it will be making apperances over long sleeved shirts in the winter months (yes I'm preparing for winter - it's Canada for crying out loud). Either way my love of Norah Gaughan is always reinforced when I knit on it, her patterns are amazing and her designs are simple yet complex. Plus nature and math totally raises my geek flag.
Lacy Baktus has had a little more time as well, it's my purse knitting so it gets a row here and a row there, last night when I was at Alisha's getting my letter of intent all gussied up (final revisions before submitting it) I worked on the Batkus. I double I'll get much done once home buying goes into full swing, and the end of september is shaping up to be one of those uber busy times.
Either way by November I'll be able to slacken off for a month or two and that I'm really looking forward to. Lately it's been about cleaning and packing and doing house work for my mom, and I really don't get much time for me anymore. It's a lot of work and what everyone else wants and what I need to get done. And I need to get my place ready for the move. I prefer to have a smooth move as averse to a chaotic mindbend. But for optimum smoothness I need to figure out how to get more money, save more money, just money in general. I really dislike how much of life has become about money, but there are always bills and they just get bigger.

No comments:

I knit therfore I am