Around 2 pm this afternoon the power went out. This threw me into some form of crazed insanity the likes of which have not been seen for a while. With the coffee maker and all the lights out on this here gloomy april day I set about on some busy work, I put my textbooks away and cleaned the bookshelf, and then with time still standing still I decided "f this noise" and pulled out the handcarders.
I recalled a bag of locks that Amy had given to me during the spinning day leftover swap. The locks themselves have a fair amount of VM in them and they are severly felted in some areas but free locks will not be over looked. I started picking and teasing. And as i did....
I remembered that in the roving stash lay this, 110 gr of similarly dyed romney. The great workhorse of spinning fibers. I got it out and compared the colors, they were nearly spot on, having come from the same place this didn't shock but made me happy.
I set about carding the two together at a 80/20 split in favor of romney, as I didn't know how the locks would look with it.
The conclusion: fabulous. The deep blues and hot pinks were netrualized a bit and in some cases gave a purple hue that is very nice. I'm not usually a blue/pink person, I like hard colors, generally, or heathered greys and browns. It's carding up fabulously, and I'm guessing it will spin with ease. It will however take a while as after the power came back on I had about 10 rolags and made barely a dint in the bags of fiber. This could be a lenghty process.