Monday, March 31, 2008

The haul

Mom got this kit so I could knit it up for her. It's definatly a mom thing. The color is actually a creamy beige and very shiny. It should be fun to knit, the pattern itself seems easy which is nice since I have little brain power at the moment thanks to finals+papers season.
Okay, so mom went to help auntie Donna and uncle Mike move to B.C. and since i was under the influence of the mutant flu from hell she brought me back some yarn... okay a shwack load of yarn. So in order of appearance. The fuschia cascade heritage.
Followed by beatle modeling the lovely Tofutsies in a browny/tan colorway, she really liked the tofutsies because they smell like cat treats to her, not that I can smell it but I could tell she was impressed. I think she's made the Tofutsies her fave, I have yet to knit with it but I am excited since it's something we don't get here in Regina town. The colors are interesting, I shall have to find an adiquate pattern. I'll surf the net and check the books I have around, I may just go with a traditional sock to see how the colors work.
The verigated Cascade Heritage in a lovely red/wine and blue stripe kind of colorway, again modeled by Beatle (in fact all yarns seem to be modeled by her, but how could I resist the photo-op. She didn't much mind and liked sniffing all the yarns so I take it as a win win situation. These colors seem indicative of my mother, perhaps she is trying to tell me something... perhaps she wants a new pair of knit socks....
The blue is for Auntie Donna, she bought it and sent it home with mom for another custom pair. If i keep this up my whole family will become addicted to the greatness that is the knit sock. And then Stephanie Pearl-McPhee will truely be proud.
Here we see the shaded green cascade, reminds me of a forest, I am tempted to do Baudilaires (by cookie a) with it. It's definatly muted enough to support an intricate pattern.
And this is the other set of Tofutsies that was gotten. I like the brightness of the colorways. Again Beatle would like to express that she is fond of this particular stuff.

No comments:

I knit therfore I am